This is the most nervous Nate has been to fly an RC plane in a long time. Something about balsa planes just gets him shaking at the knees; however, balsa always looks so much better than our usual foam models. This RC plane is the brand new Hangar 9 P-47 Thunderbolt. With a 54.8″ wingspan this is actually one of Hangar 9’s smallest aircraft ever. However, based on the size of planes we enjoy, this is actually a big plane!
This RC warbird is 4s or 6s capable, but we do not have the right prop for 6s yet, so for the maiden Nate flew on 4s. Plus he needs to forward program the receiver to have SAFE and AS3X. Comment about your thoughts on this RC plane!
Hangar 9 brings one of the most popular warbirds ever modeled as a Plug-N-Play® package designed for RC sport and warbird pilots looking to transition from foam models to balsa. The new Hangar 9® Fun Scale Thunderbolt P-47 PNP makes it easy to fly and look good doing it.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood finish in genuine UltraCote® film covering
- Plug-N-Play® completion level; no glue required for main assembly
- 60-Amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with a wide variety of popular LiPo batteries
In The Box
- (1) Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt PNP
- (1) Spektrum™ Avian 60 Amp Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (1) 4250-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) 14×12 Wood Electric Propeller (included)
- (4) Spektrum A391 39 gram Digital Servo (installed)
- (1) Main Retractable Landing Gear (installed)
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete
Disclosure: This website has affiliate links, meaning at no charge to you, we will make a small commission from your purchase. If you click this link, you will be redirected to another site for the sale. Prices, terms and conditions may vary and are handled by the site the item is purchased from. We appreciate your support.