One of the scariest things to do in the RC hobby is to maiden a brand new RC plane. For me to maiden a pre-release RC EDF jet that runs on 6s power…SUPER SCARY!!! However, based on the advertisement and hype around how “beginner friendly” this EDF jet is, I went in with an ounce more confidence than normal (especially after my Viper experience).
I put “beginner friendly” in quotation mark above because this is in no way, shape, or form meant to be someone’s first RC aircraft. If your new to the hobby and looking at jets, check out the Habu STS RTF instead, or my top favorite newcomer RC plane, the E-Flite Aeroscout. The Habu SS 70mm 6s EDF Jet is meant to be a somewhat experienced pilot’s first 6s jet. It is powerful and fast, but is so stable in the air. Almost unbelievable how stable this RC jet performed.
Upon take off from a paved surface, I eased into the throttle and gave minimal elevator input, and about 20-30 feet later I was in the air. It flew just like my tried and true favorite RC plane, the E-Flite Valiant, but faster and definitely more powerful. It climbed so fast, so I had to really force myself to give it down elevator to fly it better and lower for everyone watching at home. I even pulled off a few full throttle passes and it was so impressive.
As for landing the Habu SS, it took me a couple tries to get it right. My first landing was very, and I mean VERY, bouncy. However, the landing gear on this EDF jet are tough, and it walked away still looking brand new. Nate told me off camera I needed to bleed off speed more and not worry about touching the plane down before it had flown passed me. I listened to his advice, and on my second attempt, it touched down so smooth!!!
It was a successful flight day for me, and I cannot wait to fly this powerful 6s jet again! Next time I will have to throw some maneuvers at it and wake it up a bit more!
Based on the popular E-flite® Habu STS, the more powerful and capable Habu SS (Super Sport) 70mm EDF is an easy and extremely fun to fly high-performance EDF sport jet! It’s a perfect first-ever EDF and one of the best everyday sport jets for experienced pilots.
- A modified version of the popular Habu STS that offers nearly unlimited vertical performance, more speed and even more aerobatic capability
- Unique airframe design delivers incredible low-speed handling and slow speed performance that makes it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER
- Specially tuned motor and 70mm 10-blade fan compatible with 4S to 6S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular and affordable 4S to 6S 3200–4000mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 70-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
In the Box
- (1) E-flite® Habu SS 70mm EDF
- (1) Spektrum™ Avian™ 70A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (5) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 4–5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector (use the IC5® Battery / IC3® Device adapter to use batteries equipped with IC3® or EC3™ connectors; SPMXCA508 sold separately)
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
Disclosure: This website has affiliate links, meaning at no charge to you, we will make a small commission from your purchase. If you click this link, you will be redirected to another site for the sale. Prices, terms and conditions may vary and are handled by the site the item is purchased from. We appreciate your support.
Other Posts You May Have Missed
Women’s Fitted Tank Top$18.99
Women’s Tank Top$18.99