To challenge myself and my flying skills even more, I decided to grab the brand new E-Flite RV-7 RC plane and film a maiden flight to share with everyone. This RC plane is currently on pre-order, and we were sent a pre-released model to have fun with! It has been A LONG TIME since I have flown an RC plane before they were being shipped out. Normally, I want Nate to be able to fly the aircraft for you guys as much as possible, so you can make an informed choice before spending your hard earned money on an RC airplane. I usually psych myself out and don’t want to crash it, so multiple videos can be made on our YouTube channel. Yes, if I crash or Nate crashes, we always show you and/or talk about it, repair and fly it again, but I like to keep it new and shiny for as long as possible, so I keep my paws off of it!
Not today! I went into my maiden flight of the E-Flite RV-7 with as much confidence as a pilot could have, based on all the positive comments my previous flight on the Viper 6s received. With Nate coaching me along the way, I pulled off a successful flight! I even had a quick emergency landing because rain started pouring on us midflight. Granted my landings were not the best, and I chewed up the prop a smidge, no major damage was done to the plane, and my bunny hops were cute, as my daughter would say.
I saw a few comments on the YouTube video of me flying the E-Flite RV-7 RC plane requesting for me to do a flight where Nate didn’t offer me any instruction at all. I can do that on my two favorite RC aircrafts, the E-Flite Valiant and E-Flite F-15 Eagle. However, in my opinion, during maiden flights it is ALWAYS better to have a more experienced RC pilot there to offer guidance, especially if they have experience and know the tendencies of the aircraft you are flying.
Granted, this RC plane is capable of much more than what I am currently able to throw at it, so be sure to check out Nate’s maiden flight here, plus subscribe to our YouTube channel because Nate will have another flight posted soon where he really pushes this RC plane to it’s limit. However, I pulled of a successful flight with SAFE technology in my back pocket the entire flight…and that is why I love E-Flite planes!
- Officially licensed replica of one of the most popular and iconic “homebuilt” general aviation aircraft available in the world today
- Specifically designed and equipped to offer scale-like and sport flying, high speed and high energy aerobatic capabilities
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular and affordable 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to take off, fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Taildragger configuration landing gear for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed handling
- 5-channel control with six (6) factory-installed digital servos and linkages
- Factory-painted and finished in a modern and scale-like trim scheme
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy bolt-together assembly – no glue required
- Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights
- Easy to install/remove one-piece wing
- (1) E-flite® RV-7 1.1m
- (1) Spektrum™ Avian™ 45A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) Digital Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Disclosure: This website has affiliate links, meaning at no charge to you, we will make a small commission from your purchase. If you click this link, you will be redirected to another site for the sale. Prices, terms and conditions may vary and are handled by the site the item is purchased from. We appreciate your support.